Associate Professor Growth Grants
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
LEAP Associate Professor Growth Grants
Purpose and Description
LEAP Individual Growth Grants are designed to provide funding for projects that will assist in advancing the careers of Associate Professor faculty on the CU Boulder campus.
Multiple awards will be given in amounts up to $8K each.
Funding will be granted for one year and project must be completed by June 1, 2015.
Priority will be given to projects that:
· Include work that cannot be completed without this support
· Create opportunities that take the individual’s work in a new direction
· Reflect the individual’s goals
· Are submitted by first time LEAP Grant awardees
· Have a broad impact
· Clearly advance the career of the individual
· Are received from faculty who have taken on a substantial service load which has impacted research productivity
Format for Proposals
Please pay close attention to format. The description and purpose should be easily understood by reviewers.
Proposals should be no longer than three pages and specifically address the following:
A. Title of the project
B. Name, phone number, and email address of author
C. Description and purpose of the project
D. Statement of the intended impact, outcomes, and measures
F. Amount requested and itemized budget
In addition to the project proposal, your application must include the following:
A. A 3 page c.v. that lists major publications; courses taught at CU; and service responsibilities
B. An itemized budget page (See below)
C. A completed and signed copy of the Department Chair approval form (See below)
Proposals should be submitted by email to email@example.com
Notice of Award
Award recipients will be notified no later than April 4, 2014.
Funds will be available by July 1, 2014.
A written summary report will be due by June 1, 2015 to the LEAP Program. This summary needs to answer the following questions:
1. Please give a short summary of the proposal and the outcome for you
2. In what ways has this impacted your career?
3. Will you be submitting any grants as a result of this work?
4. Do you have any publications or products as a result of this grant?
5. Do you have any ideas or suggestions for additional LEAP/Faculty Affairs support programs for faculty?
NOTE: If you are interested in including the assistance of either an undergrad or graduate student in your proposal, please contact:
Graduate Teacher Program, firstname.lastname@example.org
Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP) email@example.com
For questions, please contact either Martha Hanna or Carrie Bagli at the email addresses lsited below:
Martha Hanna, Faculty Director of LEAP: Martha.Hanna@colorado.edu
Carrie Bagli, Program Assistant, LEAP: Carrie.Bagli@colorado.edu