The CU Faculty Retirement Plan
- Continuing voting membership in the University Faculty Senate
- Rank of emeritus professor, when recommended in accordance with normal faculty review procedures and approved by the Chancellor
- Invitations to attend commencement and other campus and University-wide
- Continuing Privileges
- Library privileges continue indefinitely at all CU campuses.
- Office and laboratory space, including limited use of departmental supplies and clerical services. These privileges depend primarily on the availability of space in conjunction with the probably productive contribution of the retired person to the department and the University. Space offered may be shared space. The department is responsible for making every effort to meet the requests of the retired faculty and the decision lies with the department.
- A free parking permit which is renewed annually
- Reduced monthly dues at the University Club
- Voluntary membership in the Senior Faculty Associates; available to all retired faculty and spouses, including surviving spouses
- Tickets to athletic events purchased on the same basis offered to active faculty and staff
- Continued eligibility for membership in the credit union
- Listing of emeriti faculty in University directory
- Addtional Privileges
- Senior Auditor Program - Retired faculty members are invited to make use of the organized facilities for senior participation in regular University programs and classes.
- University Sponsored Travel Programs
- Insurance Coverage - Please contact the University Benefits Office for this information. The Benefits Office can be accessed through its website: http://www.cusys.edu/~benefits/index.html
The policy can be found at this address:
Chairs have more latitude in agreeing to other aspects of the retirement agreement, such as office use, secretarial support, computer use, etc. The written agreement is submitted to the dean for endorsement. The written agreement is then forwarded to the Associate Vice Chancellor for Faculty Affairs. The Associate Vice Chancellor will approve the agreement and prepare a legal retirement contract between the University and the faculty member which incorporates the agreement between the faculty member and the chair. A template legal retirement contract used by the Associate Vice Chancellor can be obtained by calling the office of Faculty Affairs.